Hi Fitness Nurses,
Please ‘Like Us’ on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BecomeAFitnessNurse
I’m finally beginning to see all my hard work developing certain models (marketing to APN’s and Physicians) for a Fitness Nursing business pay off. I’ll break it down for you:
- Yes, I said a ‘Fitness Nursing Business’. This is the platform I am working from. This is not to say that if you are interested in working for someone as Fitness Nurse that you can’t do that…you can. But you may have trouble distinguishing yourself from personal trainers. That market is literally saturated. Remember nurse first; fitness second. I promote myself as being competent in nursing assessment and exercise training for specific populations and genuinely caring for people (especially my tribe).
- I’ve found that being authentic as to who I am got me in the door and got these physician’s excited about what I can offer their practices. Who am I? I am a professional nurse with a specialty in helping ordinary people stick to exercise plans and meals that are sustainable and customized. Their outcomes are measured in decreased inflammatory markers, increased HDL levels and Vitamin D levels and as an added bonus their waist size is reduced and they look and feel better and feel that they can continue this on their own eventually. 3 doctors were all ears. In other words, “Tell me more”, were their comments. (Not gimmicky…you should under promise and over deliver)
- One of the physicians has 15 patients eager to meet with me. (I’ve only been talking with him for 2-3 weeks) The other 2 docs, quite frankly, I haven’t followed up with because, I am having trouble handling what’s going on with just this one physician! I really like this physician, so far. We have a good surface connection which is vitally important. But I suspect that he has an ulterior motive, which we all do. I want him to see me as a professional and doesn’t expect me to lower my fees and won’t ‘butt into’ my great work. (some of that is unclear right now. I’ll keep you posted. He has Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners who are also promoting my services within his office. WOW! Who would have thought. I almost gave up on physicians, but I am still cautious.
- What did I specifically do to ‘get in the door’ with this physician? I used a simple e-mail. The other 2 were through contacts in healthcare. Like all of you have. I wasn’t selling him something. I was offereing a value to him and his practice and most importantly…his patients. I’ve learned a lot talking with these docs. All three said specifically that they liked that I was a nurse, they trusted that competency…not just in training and skills but in compassion and caring.
- This Saturday afternoon (3/26) 1pm (EST) 10am (PST), I will be having an exceptional Fitness Nursing Preview call. On this call I will tell you exactly what I did to get this one particular physician interested in my services. It wasn’t ‘salesy’ at all. It was more of a conversation and of course he had questions. But I had questions too. I am very confident in what I can deliver. He wasn’t just offering me something… I was offering him something valuable too. I can help you with this during my mentoring classes.
- Here’s the last great tip for now. As much as I say that you have to call yourself a Fitness Nurse (because I want you to differentiate yourself from fitness professionals), please also realize that when you talk to people, especially if you are talking to someone in your target market/tribe, tell them what you will do for them. For example, “I’m an Osteo-Care Fitness Nurse and I help women to exercise safely and properly to have bones strong enough to keep them out of the nursing home while reducing their waist; with the blessing of their doctor”. So I am not just working with women who want to have strong bones and reduce their waists… these women are also women who visit their physicians regularly and care about what their physician’s think. If you go to http://www.fitnessnurseonduty.com/ you will register and can get the recording in case you miss the call or know that you can’t make it. Here’s the FN Preview Call information:
EVENT: March Fitness Nursing Preview Call
DATE & TIME: Saturday, March 26th at 1:00pm Eastern
FORMAT: Simulcast! (Attend via Phone or Webcast — it’s your choice)
TO INSTANT TELESEMINAR, CLICK THIS LINK NOW…
and/or call (201) 793-0051 Conf. ID 704896#
I know this is a lot. Some of you haven’t gotten a fitness certification yet. I suggest you get started with that. Bring your questions to the call. You should make sure that there is a market for what you want to do. (Are there physicians/PA’s/APNs in your area/specialty who would be interested in your services? Are there people interested in what benefit you will provide or how will you solve their problem and will they pay for it?) Find this out first; then build your programs and plans.
I hope to hear from you on the call.
Yours in Fitness & Nursing,